Travel and accommodation
Gallagher Convention Centre
19 Richards Drive, Halfway House
Midrand, Gauteng, 1685
Parking is available at the venue. The cost of the parking is R25 per vehicle per day.
OPENING DATES AND TIMES
27 June 2023 09:00 – 18:00 (GMT +2)
28 June 2023 09:00 – 18:00 (GMT +2)
29 June 2023 09:00 – 16:00 (GMT +2)
Concession stands where visitors can purchase food and beverages will be available throughout the venue. Please note that no complimentary refreshments will be offered.
About Gallagher Convention Centre
Located 30mi from OR Tambo International Airport; Gallagher Convention Centre is the premier events venue in Gauteng and is a benchmark for the events industry.
The 32-hectare property offers 27 multi-purpose venues which cater to a variety of events such as conferences, dinners, luncheons, cocktails, exhibitions and private events. At Gallagher Convention Centre we offer unmatched service and quality to our clients and their guests.
Conveniently located in Midrand, between Johannesburg and Pretoria, Gallagher is known for its distinctive character, style and superior service offering.
We have negotiated special hotel and accommodation rates in close proximity to the Gallagher Convention Centre. For further information, please contact CassandraDreyer@dmgevents.com.
Courtyard Hotel – Waterfall City
Address: Karkloof Crescent, Waterval City, Midrand, 2066
Town Lodge – Waterfall Midrand
Address: Montrose Road, off Bekker Road, Waterfall Park, Vorna Valley, Midrand, 1686
Getting around the city with Gautrain
Gautrain is an 80-kilometre express commuter rail system in Gauteng, South Africa, which links Johannesburg, Pretoria, Ekurhuleni and O.R. Tambo International Airport. It takes 15 minutes to travel from OR Tambo.
A one-way ticket to Sandton Station will cost an estimated R181.00. A card can be purchased at OR Tambo International Airport and loaded with credits in order to commute to the desired station. Gautrain Cards may be purchased at any Gautrain station using either the Ticket Vending Machines (TVM) or the Ticket Office.
The TVMs are similar to an ATM bank terminal and accept cash and bank cards. Avoid the queues at the Ticket Office and give the TVM a go!
- All attendees must have 2 adjacent blank pages in their passports, which must be valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended visit.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required if you are traveling from an African country.
- Visitors’ visas are required for international travellers who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
Note that requirements are subject to change.
For more information and requirements please visit the South African Home Affairs website
For additional information contact CeriseMaartens@dmgevents.com
Covid-19 entry protocols
- A traveler must provide a valid certificate with a negative COVID-19 test outcome, recognized by the World Health Organisation, or equivalent local accredited authority, obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel. South African Authorities reserve the right to verify the authenticity of the presented certificate
- A passenger is required to wear a face mask at all times, may only remove a face mask during an emergency or when instructed by cabin crew to take it off and must observe social distancing
- A passenger who is unable to wear a face mask due to an underlying medical condition, must submit a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner to the Operator prior to departure
- An “immunity passport”, “risk-free certificate” or “passport immunity” in respect of COVID -19 is not acceptable.
A detailed set of enhanced health and safety measures to ensure the successful integration of exhibitions and events post-COVID-19.
Johannesburg in South Africa is the second largest city in Africa, in 2019 there were 5,635 million people living in the City of Johannesburg. Joburg, or Jozi as some prefer to call it, offers visitors an experience as unique and diverse as the city itself. Whether you are on business, in search of a cultural encounter, an adrenaline rush or simply want to relax and unwind for a few days, the city of Johannesburg has everything you’re looking for and more!
Places to visit
PILANESBERG GAME RESERVE
Set within the crater of a long extinct volcano and resting within the transition zone between the dry Kalahari and wetter Lowveld vegetation, (or “bushveld”), the reserve is populated with an unique combination of mammals, birds and vegetation.
CRADLE OF MANKIND
This UNESCO World Heritage site contains a complex of fossil bearing limestone caves which hold the world’s richest archaeological record of the stages in the evolution of humankind over the past four million years.